Sunday, May 4, 2014

Obama's Best Lines from Dinner

From the annual White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner, here are Pres. Obama's best lines:

- “I usually start off these dinners with a few self-deprecating jokes. After my stellar 2013, what could I possibly talk about?”

- “At one point things got so bad, the 47 percent called Mitt Romney to apologize.”

- “In 2008 my slogan was ‘Yes We Can.’ In 2013 it was ‘Control-Alt-Delete.’”

- On the host, Joel McHale: “On ‘Community’, Joel plays a preening, self-obsessed narcissist. So this dinner must be a real change of pace for you.”
- On CNN: “I am a little jet-lagged from my trip to Malaysia... the lengths we have to go to get CNN coverage these days.”

- On the Boston Marathon: For an American to win the Boston Marathon was “only fair, because a Kenyan has been president for the last six.”

- On Fox News and Hillary Clinton: “Let’s face it Fox, you’ll miss me when I’m gone. It’ll be harder to convince the American people that Hillary was born in Kenya.”
- On Cliven Bundy: “As a general rule, things don’t end well when a sentence starts, ‘Let me tell you something about the negro.’”

- On Obamacare: “What if your yearly checkup came with tickets to a Clippers game? Not the old Don Sterling Clippers, the new Oprah Clippers. Would that be good enough?”

- “These days the House Republicans actually give John Boehner a harder time than they give me... which means that orange really is the new black.”

No comments: