Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Sunday Book Review, August 7, 2011: Why I Let my Hair Grow Out

"Why I Let my Hair Grow Out," by Maryrose Wood, is a hilarious story about a 16-year-old girl whose parents send her to Ireland for a little rehabilitation after she hacks off her hair and dyes the stubble orange.

From the back cover: "Okay, I was acting out. But my parents freaked and called the travel agent, and before you could say 'Let's fix Morgan,' I was being sent on a bike tour of Ireland."

Yes, a bike tour of Ireland. Brilliant idea, parents of Morgan! Why didn't *I* ever think of that?

Does Morgan like the idea? Three guesses for the answer. (Hint: No. No. No.)

Does she resolve to make the best of it? Three guesses for the answer. (Hint: No. No. No.)

Does Morgan have a good time after all? Yes! Yes, if "having a good time" includes going BACK in time, where she meets the great Irish hero Cuchulain, helps some star-crossed lovers, wins a game of hurling (which does not involve any puking), invents the Claddagh ring, and lots, lots more. 

Madame L promises you, Dear Reader, that you will LOVE this book!

Happy Reading,

Madame L

1 comment:

AskTheGeologist said...

You motivate me. Where are you hiding this book?
~~~~~