Friday, July 18, 2014

Personal Productivity

Dear Madame L,

Every day I sit at my desk and try to get things done, but after reading my email and checking the online news and favorite blogs and improving my Scrabble score with my friends, I find it's time for lunch, and then after lunch I need to check for new news, and so on.

I'm finding it hard to get anything done. Can you help?

Sincerely,

Slug at Desk


Dear Slug,

Madame L certainly sympathizes with you. She has found it useful to refrain from checking her email until later in the day and set time limits on her news reading. She certainly avoids blogs and online games.

Here's an article outlining "6 things the most productive people do every day".

The six main points are to manage your mood, don't check email in the morning, compare your planned work with your goals, eliminate distractions, come up with your own personal routine for managing time and work, and plan out your day the night before.

But read the entire article for more details and helpful suggestions.

Sincerely,

Madame L

No comments: