Monday, September 24, 2012

Book Review, Sunday, September 23, 2012: The Count of Monte Cristo

Book Report: The Count of Monte Cristo

By: Elle Madame

Date: Monday, September 24, 2012

Reason for lateness: This book is very long (more than 1,400 pages).

Author: Alexandre Dumas

Plot summary: Edmond Dantes comes into port with money from his latest voyage and the promise to become the new captain of his ship. He is about to marry his sweetheart when an evil man plots against him, lying and using various other characters to put Edmond in prison and take away everything. He's in jail for 14 years, but he meets another prisoner there who teaches him everything he knows and tells him where he can find a treasure.

Is that all? No, but that's as far as I've read. I can give you more, but it would be from memory from having watched the movie a long time ago or from looking it up on Wikipedia. I do remember that Dantes becomes the Count of Monte Cristo, helps the people who helped him, and gets revenge on the people who conspired against him. 

Anything else you want to add? So far, I'm really enjoying this book, which surprises me. I'll report back when I've finished reading it.

No comments: