Madame L found these tips from the people at LinkedIn, but they apply to all the areas all of us expose ourselves to online, so here they are, modified for all those areas:
1. Update your privacy settings and make sure what information you're giving out on each networking and every other kind of site you use and visit.
2. Consider opting in to special privacy measures provided by site managers. (Madame L adds: But be sure you don't think these will actually remove a layer of privacy, i.e., consider this step very carefully.)
3. Use secure browsing whenever possible, indicated by the "https" at the beginning of the URL.
4. Change your password for each site you visit every few months. (And need we add: Don't use an obvious or easily guessable password.)
5. Watch out for spam and phishing emails asking for personal information. (This was already covered, and in more detail, in the tips Madame L shared yesterday. Check it out, if you haven't already done so.)