Thursday, March 27, 2014

Preventing Running Injuries

Dear Readers,

Aren't you glad that Madame L, like her pal Aunt Louise, has concerns about running injuries?

And Madame L has also done some research on the topic. Here's a great article on how to prevent knee injuries. The author, Danny Dreyer, begins:
By far the biggest complaint I get from runners about running is that it's so hard on their knees. Secretly, inside of me, I have my own complaint. It's that running is blamed for all the knee problems when in actuality it's not running that is causing the injuries—it's the way people run. 
So that's something else we can all work on: our technique. Follow that link, and a couple of minutes of reading will give you some ideas on improving your running.

Hang in there, Readers and Runners,

Madame L

1 comment:

LFP said...

I think Danny Dreyer is the guy who wrote the Chi Running book, that I read (kinda) before I took a chi running course. Yes, it really works. I haven't had runner's knee problems since then.